5 glorious stars!!
Rare and Precious Things is a beautiful, lyrical book, taking the reader on a wonderful journey with two beloved characters, Ethan and Brynne, as they navigate the sometime-treacherous waters of newly-married couples. Raine Miller has written a fantastic, intriguing and SUPER hot conclusion to Ethan and Brynne’s story.
Could there be a hotter book husband than Ethan Blackstone? I really don’t think so!
“Ethan filled me up on a steady thrust, his hands at my hips for leverage. He made that breathy groan of pleasure that I loved to hear from him as he sank into me. “Feel that, my beauty. All of it—just for you.”
As a newlywed and expectant mother, Brynne still feels a little insecure even though Ethan is clearly devoted to her. She is a plain-spoken woman, and not yet totally comfortable in the rarefied atmosphere of Ethan Blackstone’s world.
“Good sex wasn’t love.
For me, honest devotion and loyalty was love.”
Ethan sees Brynne as his safe harbor, and his comfort from his inner turmoil and PTSD. The alternating POV’s work perfectly here and kept me turning the pages late into the night.
Raine Miller writes THE most amazing sex scenes, without being cliche or overdone. Of course her characters have a deep connection after all they have been through together, but it is still vital that I feel emotionally connected, too, and I absolutely felt connected to Ethan and Brynne. Ethan is still battling his inner demons, and Brynne must still contend with characters from her painful past. Nothing in the story is rushed, nothing is as expected, and all is brought to an incredibly satisfying conclusion in Rare and Precious Things. A must read!
“Every day since the first day, you have made my life worth living. You make me wake up every single day knowing that I am a blessed man.”
(ARC provided by the author in return for an honest review.)
1. Now that you’re going to be a father, what do you feel will be your biggest challenge with fatherhood?
I am a worrier. I worry about Brynne. I will worry about my child. I want to keep everyone safe and happy, and yet I know that sometimes shit happens that is not nice, and people do get hurt, or sick, or tragedy strikes. In my line of work, I know this all too well, but I also know my family will always come first before anything else.
2. Whats the biggest thing Brynne has said or done to you that has made you love her even more, and what do you think Brynne would answer to the same question about you?
Brynne really was the first woman who cared about ME as a person. She was able to see the good in me, and brought me to a place where I wanted more out of life than just the shallowness I was living before her. She also loves me in spite of all my flaws. Brynne would probably say that I taught her how to learn to trust.
3. How do you see your life had you and Brynne never met?
A very empty, and lonely one.
4. How do you see yourself acting in the delivery room?
Like a fuckin’ idiot in a total panic. Thank Christ Brynne is so level-headed and calm.
5. Ethan, you and Brynne have so much chemistry together..we feel your love and connection together……did you recognize this from the moment you first saw a picture of her?
I just knew I had to meet her in person. But when she walked into the gallery, though—that was a defining moment for me. The way she looked at me from across the room was different and did something to me inside. I knew there was nothing that would stop me from meeting her. NOTHING.
6. Ethan, what is the most important life lesson you have learned from your father Jonathan that you want to pass down to your children?
My father taught me many things and is a man I respect more than any other, but mostly he taught us to own up to our choices, and to follow our hearts.
7. Ethan, do you wish you would have told Brynne that her father had hired you to watch over her a hell of a lot sooner?
All the time. I don’t know what I was doing in not telling her. I was a fuckin’ moron.
8. Ethan, how are you going to deal with staying away from Brynne during her postpartum recovery period?
*rolls eyes* (probably not very well)