Lost For You by BJ Harvey (Lost #2)
Release Date: July 23, 2013
Add to Goodreads
What would you do if you were told that everything you had ever believed in and everything you had ever known, was a lie?
Elle’s life is altered forever after an unexpected phone call and an unwelcome visitor. Trying to put her life back together, Brax’s last words continue to echo through her mind. Why she is being followed and why is she suddenly in danger? The fact that Brax knew about it all and still left her alone, breaks her fragile heart all over again.
Brax will never forgive himself for leaving Elle at a time when she needed him the most, even if he believed it was the only way to protect her. As he makes his way back to her life, he is determined to win her back, regain her trust and help rebuild her for the second time. His return proves he is the same man, yet Elle sees in his eyes a haunted look she knows all too well.
When a confession leaves Elle reeling, her entire life unravels around her. She begins to understand that the people she trusts the most have put her in grave danger and the people who have been protecting her actually want to cause her harm.
Elle soon discovers that the old adage is true, you have to become lost before you can be found.
“And how about you?” he asks, quirking an eyebrow. “It’s not like your life was easy after-”
I see where he’s going now. “Gonna have to shut you down there, bro. I don’t talk about it.”
He sighs loudly. “If there is one thing I learned inside, Shay, it’s that you have to face the demons to find even the smallest amount of peace in your life.”
Who is this man, and what has it done with the asshole that used to be Devon Michael Evans?
“Yeah. Well, don’t think I’ll ever find peace with that until I’m six feet under.”
“I had an awesome counselor inside. He helped me deal with my mom’s suicide, and with how my father betrayed both of us. The one thing he told me that has stuck with me is a quote from Buddha. ‘Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without’.”
“Motherfucker. Prison has turned Devon into a believer,” I spit out in shock. Who would have thought that he could go inside and come out three years later a changed man without a chip on his shoulder.
“Ha ha. Smart ass. You’re a funny fuck, you know that? No, I’m not a born again. I just realized that holding onto stuff from your past will tear you apart. It’s the reason I took my mother’s name instead of Evans when I got out.”
I nod in agreement. “I noticed that.”
“It’s not a bad thing to put some distance from that man after what he did,” he murmurs before leaning over and turning the radio up. “Love this song.”
Subject obviously closed.
Things to Know about Lost in Distraction & Lost For You
• Lost in Distraction takes place over eight months whereas Lost For You spans two months
• Lost For You starts just seconds after the ending of Lost in Distraction
• Lost For You is the last book in the series about Brax and Elle
• Lost in Distraction took 20 days to write. Lost For You took two months.
• Lost For You was originally set for a September release but as a reader who can’t stand long waits between books (especially ones with cliffhangers!) I put aside everything else to release the book earlier.
• There are a couple of new characters in Lost For You that you may have heard about in Lost in Distraction.
• There are two more POV’s added to Lost For You
• Lost For You was originally going to be called Lost & Found but due to another indie author publishing a book with the same name, I chose to change the name before release.
• Shay’s novella “Lost Without You” is set for a January/February 2014 release and will be about Shay’s past. It is not a retelling of any of the events from Lost in Distraction or Lost For You.
• At the end of Lost For You, there is a preview of my new erotic romance book, Temporary Bliss which is being released in September.
Having always loved reading, and having been befriended and inspired by some awesome self published authors and book lovers alike, I decided to start writing my first novel, Lost in Distraction in December 2012. It was a conscious decision that started with a song, then the prologue and then catapulted from there. I love music too, like REALLY love music, if there isn’t music playing, something is wrong. Out and Proud Vampire Diaries fan as well.
I’m also a wife, mother, full-time university student and I do contract work for myself from home.
Buy Links for LOST IN DISTRACTION: